>Environmental Resources Research Centre (ERRC)
An Autonomous R&D Centre for
Research and Sustainable
Natural Resource Management
- Birbal Sahni Birthday Centenary Celebrations on 14th November, 1991 at ERRC, Thiruvananthapuram.
- Meeting on Environmental considerations in landscaping and architecture 28th November, 1991 at ERRC, Thiruvananthapuram.
- National Science Day Celebration on 28th February, 1992 at the ERRC, Thiruvananthapuram.
- Seminar on Sacred serpent groves of Kerala on 11th February, 1992 at the ERRC, Thiruvananthapuram.
- Seminar on Airborne plant diseases and management on 4th September, 1992 ERRC, Thiruvananthapuram.
- Seminar on State of environment in Kerala and National Science Day Celebrations-1993 on 27th -28th February, 1993 at the Regional Cancer Centre, Thiruvananthapuram (organized in association with the State Committee on Science, Technology and Environment, Govt. of Kerala).
- Seminar on Linkages of health to culture, environment and social development on 2nd June, 1993 at the Sree Chitra Institute of Medical Science and Technology, Thiruvananthapuram (organized in association with the Centre for Medical Sciences and Social Medicine, Hyderabad with the support of the Linkoping University, Sweden).
- World Environment Day Celebration and seminar on Only One Earth-Care and Share on 5th June 1993 jointly organized by the State Committee on Science, Technology and Environment, Kerala State Pollution Control Board, Institution of Engineers (India) and ERRC at the Institute of Engineers Hall, Thiruvananthapuram.
- The first Indira Gandhi National Oration on Environment (organized by the ERRC) was delivered by Dr. S. Z. Quasim, FNA (Member, Planning Commission, Govt. of India) on 31st January 1994 at the Regional Research Laboratory (RRL), Thiruvananthapuram.
- Seminar on Environmental protection, people and the law, jointly organized by the C.P.R. Environmental Education Centre and the ERRC on 7th February, 1994 at Hotel South Park, Thiruvananthapuram.
- National symposium on Environmental dimensions of Palynological Science organized by ERRC in association with Palynological Society of India on April 11th and 12th, 1995 at Kanakakunnu palace, Thiruvananthapuram.
- Seminar on Scientific and cultural history of Coconut, jointly organized by the Coconut Development Board, Department of Agriculture (Govt. of Kerala) and ERRC on 27th October, 1995 at Co-Bank Towers, Thiruvananthapuram.
- Mahatma Gandhi memorial lectures on Environment and Society, a series of lecture organized in 96-97 at the Mahatma Gandhi College, Thiruvananthapuram.
- National Congress on 50 years of Indian Palynology from 14th -16th November 1997 organized by the ERRC in association with Palynological Society of India at the Priyadarshini Auditorium, Kerala State Science and Technology Museum, Thiruvananthapuram.
- Seminar on Palynological Science in Kerala at Regional Cancer Research Centre, Thiruvananthapuram on 30th January 2002.
- A series of one day seminars on Riverine biodiversity conservation at Thiruvananthapuram, Impact of development projects on rivers at Aranmula, People’s participation in river protection at Aluva, Perils of river pollution at Pattambi, Catchment area degradation at Mavoor and Problems of sand mining at Kasargode, from 15th to 21st February, 2001 jointly organized by ERRC and the Swadeshi Science Movement-Kerala.
- The National Science Day celebrations and the Award of the Charles Darwin International Medal for Science and Environment, jointly organized by the Kerala State Science and Technology Museum, Thiruvananthapuram and ERRC on 28th February, 2003 at the Priyadarshini Auditorium of the Kerala State Science and Technology Museum, Thiruvananthapuram.
- Seminar on “Emerging Trends in Applied Biology” jointly organized by the Birbal Savitri Sahni Foundation (BSSF Lucknow), the Department of Botany, University of Kerala, Kerala University Botany Alumni Association and ERRC, on Saturday 18 April 2009 at the Seminar Hall, Department of Botany, University of Kerala, Thiruvananthapuram, during which the prestigious Birbal Sahni Centenary Award was conferred on Dr. P.K.K. Nair (Director, EERC) by Padmavibhooshan Dr. M. S. Swaminathan, F.R.S.
- A workshop on Pollution monitoring of the Veli belt held at All Saints College, Thiruvananthapuram, 7–9 October, 1992, under the joint auspices of WWF-India, Delhi and ERRC.
- A three-day workshop on Biodiversity organized by ERRC from 17th –19th April, 1993 sponsored by the Department of Environment and Forests, Govt. of India under the National Environment Awareness Programme.
- A workshop on Biodiversity conservation and public awareness held at the Jubilee Memorial Animation Centre, Thiruvananthapuram on 16th January, 1994 under the joint auspices of the Foundation for Forestry and Eco-development, Kerala, ERRC and the Lions Club, Thiruvananthapuram sponsored by the Department of Environment and Forests, Govt. of India.
- A workshop on Mangrove awareness and education held at the Jubilee Memorial Animation Centre, Thiruvananthapuram on 16th -19th October 1997.
- A workshop on Green belt management for monitoring and mitigating atmospheric pollution organized by ERRC from 8th – 10th June 1998, at the Jubilee Memorial Animation Centre, Thiruvananthapuram (sponsored by STEC, Govt. of Kerala).
- A workshop for school teachers of Thiruvananthapuram District (from selected schools) on 6th and 7th February, 2001 organized by ERRC sponsored by the School of Environmental Science, Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam.
- Workshop on Environment orientation to school education jointly organized by the ERRC in association with the CPR Environmental Education Centre, Chennai from at the Govt. Model School, Thiruvananthapuram 28 August to 03 September, 2002.
- A workshop on Watershed management and Agroforestry systems for sustainable development and environmental security for the traditional farmers in association with the Kaimal Charitable Trust, Ramapura, Pala on 14th July 2002 at Chakkampuzha.
- Workshop on Coconut nursery development and management held under the joint auspices of the Coconut Development Board and ERRC on 10th and 11th December 2003 at the Jubilee Memorial Animation Centre, Thiruvananthapuram.
- Workshop on Coconut nursery management and intercropping in Coconut orchards held under the joint auspices of the Coconut Development Board and ERRC on 2nd and 3rd December, 2004 at the Jubilee Memorial Animation Centre, Thiruvananthapuram.
- Three separate workshops on Solid Waste Management sponsored by the Ministry of Environment and Forests (MoEF) were held at Kollam, Alappuza and Kottayam on 28, 29 and 30 April 2007 respectively.
- Organized a one-day interface workshop for developing Management Action Plans for the Conservation of Sasthamkotta Lake on 14th July 2007 at Devaswom Board College Auditorium, Sasthamkotta, Kollam as part of an R&D project sponsored by the Ministry of Environment and Forests (MoEF) Govt. of India.
- Workshop on Coastal Green Belting held under the joint auspices of the Arattupuzha Grama Panchayat and ERRC on 22nd February, 2008 at Arattupuzha in Alappuzha District.
- Workshop on “Modern biotechnology in Indian Agriculture” held at Priyadarshini Planetarium, Thiruvananthapuram on 14th and 15th December 2009 under the joint auspices of All India Crop Biotechnology Association (AICBA), New Delhi, Foundation for Biotechnology Awareness and Education (FBAE), Bangalore and ERRC.